Please read the following policies before renting our product.
- A helmet must be worn at all times during operation.
- A maximum Speed limit of 24 km/h for E-scooter and 32Km/h for E-bike must be adhered to by Law.
- Zero alcohol consumption while operating the E-scooters/E-bikes (no exceptions).
- Renters must read and sign the rental agreement, and liability release.
- Renters who have signed the rental agreement and liability release are the only persons allowed to ride, on the rented E-scooter and/or E-bike (only single occupancy allowed).
- E-scooters and/or E-bikes can only be ridden on designated paths and roads; any damage from off-road riding will be paid by renter.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for early returns.
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone or email to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
Viva Scoot Rentals Ltd. E-bike and E-scooter Rental Agreement/Waiver & Release
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT.
I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF “VIVA SCOOT RENTALS LTD”
I DECLARE TO VIVA SCOOT RENTALS LTD that:
- I am familiar with the safe use of the E-scooter or E-bike (Hereinafter referred to as “Rental Equipment”). On arrival I will inspect the Rental Equipment and agree it is in working condition and safe to operate.
- I will commit to always wearing a helmet while using the Rental Equipment as required by law in British Columbia.
- I agree that I will use the Rental Equipment safely and always follow the rules according to the BC Motor Vehicle Act: including but not limited to the maximum speed of 32 km/h for an E-bike and 24 km/h for an E-scooter and zero alcohol consumption.
- If damage or theft occurs, I accept full financial responsibility for the Rental Equipment and authorize Viva Scoot Rentals Ltd. to charge the repair or replacement cost to the preauthorized credit card.
- I agree that no refunds or credits will be issued for early returns.
FITNESS TO PARTICIPATE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I hereby acknowledge to Viva Scoot Rentals Ltd that I do not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, or physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent me from participating in the Activity. If required, I will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
- I hereby acknowledge that the use of the rental equipment involves risk, dangers, and hazards which could result in damage, loss, or physical injury, including death, to me, persons for whom I am responsible and third persons (collectively, the “Assumed Risks”). These Assumed Risks include but are not limited to mechanical failure of the Rental Equipment; defective manufactured Rental Equipment; variations of road and weather conditions; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed, direction and balance; collision with human made and / or natural objects; collision with vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians.
- Being of lawful age and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activity, I release and forever discharge Viva Scoot Rentals Ltd, its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, assigns, legal representatives, and successors from all manner of actions, causes of action, debts, accounts, bonds, contracts, claims, and demands for or by reason of any injury to person or property, including injury resulting in my death, which has been or may be sustained as a consequence of my participation in using E-scooter or E-bike, and not withstanding that such damage, loss, or injury may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence of the Activity Provider. This waiver applies to me personally, any children or other persons for whom I may be responsible and to any persons whom I may allow to use the rental equipment, E-bike or E-scooter.
- I understand that I would not be permitted to participate in the Activity unless I signed this Rental Agreement and Waiver.
- I hereby acknowledge that this agreement is given with the express intention of effecting the extinguishment of certain obligations owed to me the Participant, and with the intention of binding my spouse, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns.
FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT
I hereby acknowledge and agree with Viva Scoot Rentals Ltd that: (1) the Activity Provider has given me sufficient time to carefully read this Waiver, (2) I have been given the opportunity and have been encouraged to seek independent legal advice prior to signing this Waiver, (3) I fully understand the risks and claims that I am waiving to participate in the Activity, (4) I am freely and voluntarily executing this Waiver, and (5) I am forever prevented from suing or otherwise claiming against the Activity Provider for any property loss or personal injury that I may sustain while participating in or preparing for the Activity.
This Waiver will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia